Wednesday, July 31, 2013

fudge brownie ice cream cupcakes

If there's one thing that I can't resist off of the dessert menu when dining out, it's a hot fudge brownie sundae.


Actually, I'm not really sure that statement is true, as I'm always able to find something to order on the dessert menu, but what I'm getting at is that I really love hot fudge brownie sundaes. Of course, I enjoy both ice cream and brownies well on their own, but when they compliment each other so perfectly, why not always enjoy the two together?


Ice cream cupcakes isn't a novel idea. I've heard about them for a while now and made mental notes to create my own homemade version, but it became one of those recipes that gets forgotten about. Sometimes I find myself rummaging through my pinterest boards in search of a new recipe, but I'm so overwhelmed by the volume of recipes I've accumulated that I just go bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Or maybe it's because I've become so hungry that I can't take the time to learn a new recipe. Hm.


In any case, after finally whipping together these decadent ice cream treats, I'm telling you that this recipe is not one to be missed! Oh my lord, these are so good. You have know idea what it was like photographing these cups of heavenly brownie ice cream bliss. They melt quickly so keep that in mind when deciding how/where to serve these. I believe that I had...five after ending the photo session. I couldn't control myself! My taste testers had little resolve to only eat one also, so I felt mildly better about my gluttony.


These are the perfect summer treat and I can't wait to try more flavor combinations. I think Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream would be a splendid version. Mmm, so many possibilities!



Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cupcakes

1 box of brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on the back of the box
1 gallon of vanilla ice cream
1 tub of whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
chocolate syrup


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners or lightly grease with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter as directed on the back of the box. Spoon two tablespoons of batter into muffin cups. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until batter is just set. Remove and let cool completely.

2. While cupcakes are cooling, let ice cream soften on the counter. Once cupcakes are cooled, add a scoop of ice cream to each cupcake and even spread with a spoon. Place cupcakes in freezer for a few hours.

3. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and quickly add whipped topping to cupcakes. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and/or garnish with sprinkles.

Enjoy!


Source: How Sweet It is
Linked at: Time to SparkleTuesday Talent ShowWhat's Cookin' WednesdayYour Creative Timeout

4 comments:

  1. O M G !!
    These cupcakes looks absolutely heavenly!
    I definitely need one right now (.. make it 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and I love how easy they are to make! What a great summer dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest that these are delicious, as I personally was a taste tester when Rachel made these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good I could eat more than one or two! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete