Friday, July 26, 2013

friday favorites

Hello, hello. This week was an odd one. It felt slow and quick at the same time. The majority of my department was in systems training all week so there was a quiet vibe in the office and the week just felt off. Not to mention the bizarre but delightful weather that blew in yesterday. No humidity, no steamy air. Just a cool clean breeze. I'm quite ready to say goodbye to summer, but not before my trip to Cape Cod next month!

Not much on the agenda this weekend, so on to my favorite finds from this week!

Favorite indulgence: Chocolate Chip Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream. I've visited a considerable amount of ice creameries in my 26 years of life and no one has ever offered this incredible ice cream flavor. Now that I've tackled making homemade ice cream, I'lll attempt to bake cinnamon rolls with the sole purpose of churning them in ice cream. Hm, maybe I'll start out with Pillsbury rolls to expedite getting this treat into my mouth.




Favorite look: Turquoise and Purple. My family and friends know that I'm obsessed with Kelly Ripa. I've been watching her for the last 12 years since she joined Live With Regis and Kelly. She can do no wrong in my eyes and this outfit is no exception. She looks phenomenal every day, but this look she wore on Wednesday caught my attention because I love the color combination. The colors don't translate as well when captured by my iphone camera, but I think it's a lovely color scheme. The beaded necklace is a cute accent piece as well. 

 


Favorite meal: Kale and Ricotta Pasta. I confess that I've never had kale. It's such a trendy veggie now, so I'm surprised that I still haven't attempted incorporating it into one of our dinners or at the least ordering it off of the menu. I think that this is a good starter meal to introduce kale into my life. Creamy pasta? Yes, please.




Favorite decor: Floor to Ceiling Glass Windows. I've loved floor to ceiling windows since seeing them for the first time in my wedding hotel suite. I'm not sure how well they work in a traditional home, but should I ever be able to purchase a home on the lake such as this, then I will request this feature.




Favorite Grill: Grilled Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Avocado Feta Sandwich. The avocado kick continues. I actually have been making myself a lunch similar to this one this week. Amazing flavor combinations happening between two pieces of grilled bread. 




Favorite pup: Cuddle Pup. What a face. Dogs are such natural cuddlers and I wish I had one to nuzzle up against me on the couch right now.



Favorite sweet: Mississippi Mud Brownies. Have you ever heard of these decadent treats? I've seen recipes for this in cake form, but brownies seem more up my alley because the richer the better. Chewy brownies are topped with marshmallows then a fudge frosting and sprinkled with pecans. I don't know if I could stop myself from devouring the entire pan. No, I know that I couldn't.
 



Favorite read: Martha Stewart's Best Advice. This read is a little lengthy, but it's a really interesting, funny and smart analysis of her career.






Favorite Photo: Three Peas in a Royal Pod. As mentioned in my post about No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars, I followed along during the Royal Baby Watch. I hope you watched the video footage of them first leaving the hospital with their little peanut.They were so cute and endearing and I just love them. George though? Ugh, not pleased about that one.




Favorite Bite: Blue Cheese Lobster Beignets with Spicy Avocado Cream Garden Veggie Sauce. Whew, that is a mouthful, but I love every word of it! This concept comes from an amazing blogger who is only 19. How can someone so young create something as sophisticated and delicious as these divine morsels is beyond me. I'll never be excited over regular seafood appetizers again. Shrimp cocktail? Meh.






Favorite Funny: Stephen Colbert Mocks Royal Baby Coverage. Speaking of the royal baby, Stephen Colbert did a very funny segment on the media coverage. Click the gray hyperlink to watch the video. 




Favorite quote: Live Your Life. So true.




Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment