Tuesday, February 19, 2013

chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

These cookies would normally be a treat to share. 


They're delicious, of course, but they weren't mean to debut until later this week. I had to adjust this week's lineup due to the unexpected shut down of my macbook. I spilled a cup of water onto it yesterday morning, and it's been out of commission since. As my family and friends can imagine, I'm in a state over it, so I won't go on about the incident, but these cookies are subbing in for the peanut butter cheesecake brownies I had promised you. Those pictures are hopefully safe and sound on my *sleeping* laptop.



I'm fairly accepting of most cookies (except dry cumbly ones- bleh), but oatmeal raisin normally get passed over. I think that this is pretty common when provided with a choice of cookie. I'm not sure if it's the raisins or the oatmeal that deter people, but I fall on the side of  "chocolate makes everything better, so why grab a cookie sans chocolate?"


These chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are chewy, thick, and chocolately. This recipe comes from another one of my favorite food bloggers, Jessica at How Sweet It is. I have experiemented with countless oatmeal cookie recipes (not quite as many my best chocolate chip cookie quest), and this really is the best.


I wish you could see the melted chocolate goodness trapped inside that mound of cookie heaven. Don't you want a bite?



Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe from How Sweet It Is

1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened to room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat over to 375 degrees
Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 2-4 minutes
While sugars and butter mix, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl and set aside
Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix until just combined
Stir in oats and chocolate chip
Drop tablespoon size balls onto ungreased cookie sheet
Bake 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. poor sister. We shall continue to let your computer sleep and get it's beauty rest until it decides to wake up again. were your peanut butter cheesecake brownie pictures on your laptop? Sending well wishes to your MacBook! Love you!

    ReplyDelete