Thursday, February 21, 2013

fudge brownies

Do you prefer a fudge-like brownie or cake-like brownie?


I enjoy a fudge-like brownie myself.  Gooey and chocolatey. 


That's the kind of brownie I'm featuring today. I understand the preference for a lighter and fluffier brownie, like a boxed brownie mix provides, but how can you resist these fudgey bites of heaven?


Cutting brownies sure can be dangerous. I'm a cut-until-half-the-pan-is-gone girl, so this blog is forcing me to work on my self-control around dessert. These were excellent though. The recipe was supposed to feature a sea salt component, but it somehow got lost during the baking process. I still highly recommend these as a go-to fudge brownie recipe.



Fudge Brownies
Recipe from Food and Wine Magazine

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp flaky sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degres
Line an 8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, draping foil over side for an overhang
Lightly butter the pan
Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together in large saucepan over low heat, stirring occassionally
Remove from heat
Add in sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa, and flour to melted chocolate mixture and mix until smooth
Pour batter evenly into prepared pan
Sprinkle salt evenly over batter and swirl with a knife
Bake brownies for 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
Let cool for an hour at room temperature, then refrigerate for an hour to firm up before cutting

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me these are the brownies of our childhood...!!! Yum yum

    ReplyDelete