Friday, February 8, 2013

Runs On Sundae Welcome Cookies

Well, it finally happened. I decided to create my own blog. If you didn't already know, I've loved reading food blogs for some time now. I recently expanded this interest to fitness and health blogs, but food has a dominant presence in my google reader (which I foolishly didn't even use until Kent told me about it this past year- huge time saver & obsession enabler). 

Runs on Sundae will encompass me writing about everything I love: baking, fitness, family, friends, television shows, books, my new home of Baltimore. The name comes from my two great loves- dessert and running. I think a balanced diet is one with dessert in both hands, so I try to be as active as possible. I'm not really sure how to do this whole blogging thing, but I'm excited to start!

My addiction to blogs, specifically food blogs, has turned me into that person who always shows up with some freshly baked cookies, so of course I had to welcome you to my little corner of the blogosphere with my favorite chocolate chip cookies. They come from my absolute favorite baking blog, Sally's Baking Addiction. She shares the most delicious recipes with beautiful pictures. I also love how she writes in a uniquely conversational voice. I feel like she's my friend and we haven't even met! I am obsessed with chocolate chip cookies and I have tried countless variations, but these are my favorite. They are the best. Make them. Seriously.


Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction, adapted from Kelseys Apple A Day

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (I use a combination of light & dark)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg at room temperature 
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch 
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, cream sugars and butters together until light in color and fluffy
Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine
Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined
Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be thick)
Drop by the tbsp onto ungreased sheet
Bake for 8-10 minutes (not longer than 10)
Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. If too puffy, flatten with back of spoon
Transfer to cooling rack

Enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. I love you post sister!!!! I can't wait to run together so you can make us both a batch of cookies :) Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing. :) So honored that you made my cookies for your first post Rachel!!! CONGRATS on the new blog girl!! The cookies look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete