Sunday, March 31, 2013

weekend review

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. As expected, ours was super low key.

Kent had Good Friday off work, so I had another another person to contend with the daytime tv schedule, but I still appreciated his company. We ate out on Friday evening at a restaurant called Langermann's. It's located in the Canton neighborhood, which is on the opposite side of the harbor from where we live. I frequently drove by this restaurant during the apartment search, so it came to mind when I decided that we should dine in a new neighborhood.

Since we were already in the area, we stopped by the new Under Armour store before dinner. I needed new running socks, but Kent also demanded that I get an extra pair of running shorts because he thinks that I wear out the fabric by doing laundry everyday. I'm not too sure about that theory; however, I do love my new neon yellow shorts.

Very cool store. It's located right on the water.

I had perused the menu prior to dinner, but somehow I overlooked the southern flare because I was surprised when we were greeted with cornbread and biscuits upon being seated. Overall, the meal was good. I don't think we'll be visiting again any time soon, but here's the visual rundown of our dinner:

The offering of a bread basket is so important to my dining experience.

Low Country Louie (lobster, crayfish, crabmeat, corn, and creole mayonnaise)

 Kent's Braised Lamb Shank w/ Goat Cheese Orzo

My Grilled Salmon w/ Goat Cheese Orzo and Red Pepper Sauce

After dinner, we stopped by a food truck rally that was taking place in front of our apartment complex. I wasn't impressed with the dessert menu at the restaurant, so I needed a dessert fix. I located a cupcake truck, but I knew that it wouldn't satiate my sweet tooth, so see solution below.

I don't know how so many people found out about this event, but the turnout was impressive. The unlimited beer for $10 probably contributed in some way

Nutella Cupcake adorned w/ an Easter rabbit

Chocolate Decadence Cake from Harris Teeter

I ran errands for the majority of Saturday morning, then gave myself a good workout on the elliptical. It was a struggle because I'm still regaining my energy from last week's sickness, but I was happy with my total mileage. I intended to make pizza for dinner, but Kent wasn't feeling so well, so we each did our own thing for dinner- soup for him and "brinner" for me. I've been tempted all week by the grocery store's Easter desserts, but I couldn't justify spending $10 on a buttercream egg cake, so I  made my own cake for $3 and it was just as delicious. We ate it all last night. The Buckeyes lost after an extremely frustrating game, so at least we had cake. 

I was in a funk for the majority of today for no particular reason, but a good run snapped me out of it. I bought some snazzy UA running shoes a few weeks ago that finally feel broken in. I ran 8 miles to the Real Housewives of Atlanta and it felt great. 

My fancy footwear

Tonight I made turkey burgers that were really good. I used this recipe and paired it with a salad. Kent and I are going to go pick up some Ben & Jerry's now to round out the meal. Game of Thrones returns tonight. I don't actively watch, but I'll passively tune in. 

Have a great week everyone!



1 comment:

  1. That bread basket looks amazing! I miss biscuits.

    ReplyDelete